March 07, 2007

Per Aspera

It seems every week we get another reminder
that the upper middle class has its own moral center
It's not fair to tar them all with that brush, I guess
But every week we get another reminder

It seems every week another face and name
flashes across the headlines and the screens
Another innovator in cruelty gets our attention.
And every week it's another face and name.

I'm going to leave in a little while
Spend some time some other place.
Cruelty's its own reward.
It doesn't need my attention.

It seems every week there's another wave
moving across the face of the planet
mutilation, degradation, isn't it disgusting
But every week there's another wave

I'm going to leave in a little while
Spend some time some other place
Cruelty's its own reward
I'm not going to pay attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home