July 15, 2005

Vintage Violins

... or violas, actually. I've fallen hard for the work of John Cale on the strength of the studio masterwork Paris 1919 and the live overview Fragments of a Rainy Season. Imagine my chagrin, then, that many of his best albums (from Fear to Music for a New Society) are long out of print in the US.

Cale will never be one of my primary admired recording artists*, but he has the potential to be a strong second-string one.

Buy this for me, Diane? =)
The Island Years

* How do I know? If there's something I've come to understand about my own tastes, it's that my true favorite artists tend to be, uh, unique vocalists. Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Thom Yorke, Roger Waters, Nick Cave, Bob Geldof, etc. Cale is just a bit too normal, for the most part. Though he may prove me wrong.

2 Comments:

Blogger Inverarity said...

http://www.ibiblio.org/mal/MO/philm/pinkfloyd/

12:51 AM  
Blogger Inverarity said...

Argh, he proved me wrong!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home